Tomorrow Sleep Mattress ReviewWe get a commission from the mattress manufacturer
when you make a purchase through the links or with the coupon code in this post.
For more information view our ratings and disclaimer page.
What do you want to be when you wake up? That is the question posed by Tomorrow Sleep, the newest contender to the “mattress in a box” game.
Me? I’d be okay waking up as Beyonce, but given that is unlikely to happen, I’ll settle for well rested and restored. And thanks to the expertise from Serta-Simmons (a household name in the bedding game) a great nights sleep has never been more refreshing or easier to attain. This new hybrid mattress has optimal comfort, with a personalized firmness, that will have you falling in love with sleep all over again.
“We created Tomorrow Sleep because we believe in the power of sleep to change lives. We saw that people are increasingly becoming aware of the importance of sleep as a cornerstone of wellness and there wasn’t a great solution to address that need in the direct-to-consumer space. We’re excited to bring a truly integrated sleep system to market that will help people achieve their best sleep possible.”
-Bryan Murphy, Founder and President of Tomorrow Sleep
Price & Dimensions
- Twin: Price: $550 USD, Dimensions: 38” x 74.5” x 10”
- Twin XL: Price: $600 USD, Dimensions: 39” x 79.5” x 10”
- Full: Price: $800 USD, Dimensions: 53” x 74.5” x 10”
- Queen: Price: $990 USD, Dimensions:60” x 79.5” x 10”
- King: Price: $1200 USD, Dimensions: 76” x 79.5” x 10”
- Cal King: Price: $1250 USD, Dimensions: 72” x 83.5” x 10”
What we liked:
- Hybrid mattress, the best attributes of foam & innerspring beds. Win!
- 100 night risk free trial
- Two firmness levels to choose from; medium-soft or medium-firm
- Free shipping
- Financing option available
- 10 year warranty
- White Glove Delivery Service option
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Manufactured in the USA
- Breathability – temperature regulating memory foam
- Good edge support – unique rail system that works to maintain structure
What we didn’t like:
- Inability to test before purchase, they are strictly sold online
- Designed to sit one way. Although Tomorrow Sleep recommends rotating the mattress 180 degrees every six months
- No side straps to aid in movement
- New to the market
About the Manufacturer
Tomorrow Sleep made an entrance onto the sleep scene earlier this year, backed of course with expertise from a household name, Serta-Simmons. Their goal, is to “holistically improve your sleep”and provide everyone with a restorative nights rest.
With experts in tow, they set their sights on creating the highest quality of product imaginable at an affordable price point. Balancing comfort, support and cooling qualities, regardless of your sleep position, they’ve manufactured a quality mattress that will have you wishing it was bedtime now.
At present time the Tomorrow mattress is sold exclusively online. This enables them to pass cost savings onto the consumers, as they don’t need to contend with the overheads that are associated with traditional brick-and-mortar stores.
Designed and made in the USA, there are no showrooms for you to try before you buy. However, with the consumers best interests at heart, they’ve made it as risk-free as possible, by offering a 100 night risk free trial, free delivery, easy returns process and a 10-year limited warranty, giving you peace of mind in the purchase process.
The Basics: An Overview
First Observations: The Unboxing Experience
Orange, you glad it’s not another blue box? (See what I did there?)
We assume the colour orange is the company playing off the “Tomorrow” theme, utilizing colors featured in a sunrise. We must admit it’s a refreshing change to the constant blue we’ve been privy to before.
Like all other online bed-in-a-box, the Tomorrow Sleep mattress comes compressed and vacuumed-sealed. Inside they include a handy cutter to aid in the unboxing process. They also provide you with some marketing materials, where they invite you to “meet their mattress,” show you how to set it up, and provide you with some tips on ‘creating the perfect sleep environment.’ It’s clear from these little details the company really does have your best sleep interests at heart.
After you break the seal, the mattress expands and immediately takes shape. There was very little off-gassing, nothing unpleasant, and after a few hours you could barely notice it.
Your new mattress should sit on some type of platform for optimal support. Whether that is a traditional box spring, adjustable base, platform bed, wooden slats, or even the floor, all will work.
And just like that you are ready to drift away. Did someone say nap?!?
So what goes into making a hybrid mattress that combines the best qualities of foam and innerspring beds, that together produce a product with the right amount of comfort, support & cooling qualities?
For this review we will be discussing the Medium-Firm mattress. Although both mattress options are 10” in height, the breakdown of the layers and materials used in each will differ.
There are SIX components that go into the Tomorrow Sleep Medium-Firm mattress. Carefully blended and structured so each night you sleep cool, stay aligned and benefit from pressure relief.
Here is a little more detail about each layer:.
- 1-inch Tomorrow Cool Memory Foam – with a density of 3.5lbs this layers primary responsibility is to offer a soft body contouring and pressure relief. The unique “Phase Change Material” aids in the cooling qualities.
- ½-inch Tomorrow Airy Comfort Foam with Gel – this gel infused layer is another cooling component that is built into this hybrid mattress, and the plushness of this layer offers pressure relief.
- 1 ½-inch Tomorrow Bounce Foam – this is a dynamic response foam that offers a push back so you don’t suffer from that ‘sunk’ feeling.
- 6-inch pocketed 800 series high carbon steel coil – this layers purpose is to provide support and durability to the memory foam. Each coil flexes separately for head to toe support, with a reduction in motion transfer (perimeter) to the coil system is 3-inches of ventilated foam side rails. This unique system aids in the overall structural support of the edges, and it is also ventilated to allow for air dispersement and another cooling feature to the mattress
- 1-inch Base Foam – providing integral structural support to for the above coils to rest on, this poly foam layer truly is ground level foundation.
- Cover – this breathable, soft and thin blend of polyester and nylon fabric, provides a cooling comfort as it allows for good airflow keeping you cool throughout your slumber.
How did the key features measure up?
Tomorrow Sleep is confident that they’ve produced a mattress that offers an optimal sleep experience. But is it right for you?
The following information and images detail the results of our first tests, which use a 25lb kettlebell to measure sinkage on three different parts of the mattress:
- Centre: 2.75” sinkage: this demonstrates average sinkage, as expected for a mattress claiming to medium-firm sink.
- Top Centre: 2.75” sinkage: again, average sinkage, as expected for a mattress claiming medium-firm sink.
- Corner: 2.75” sinkage: better than average sinkage, thanks to the reinforced side rails, as expected for a mattress claiming medium-firm sink.
Our kettlebell tests resulted in an overall firmness of 7-8, which is in line with the promise of providing a mattress that leans towards the firmer side of the sleep spectrum.
We believe the Tomorrow mattress is a suitable choice for individuals looking for mattress that offers greater support, and a firmer, solid feel, while still maintaining body contouring qualities and breathability. In addition those individuals who also sleep with a partner will benefit from the motion isolation ensuring an undisturbed sleep.
Summary of different sleeping positions
- Back sleeping: this sleeping position will keep your spine aligned and relief from pressure points making for a great night sleep.
- Side sleeping: sleepers that favour this position generally opt for a plusher mattress that will contour to the body. Due to the firm nature of this mattress, the gentle hug/contouring isn’t as predominant as with other mattresses we’ve tested.
- Stomach sleeping: this mattress is well supported for stomach sleeping. You will benefit from spinal alignment support which is essential when lying face down.
- Sitting: thanks to the reinforced side rails, sitting on the edge of the mattress isn’t going to land you on the floor as with most memory foam mattress.
The hybrid construction on the Tomorrow mattress, together with their patented ventilated rail system produces a cooling sleep climate. The gel qualities in the foam layers helps to wick heat away from your body while the perforated outer-edge rails let air escape.
The thin, soft fabric cover is the final component that aids in the mattresses overall breathability.
Partners rejoice, say goodbye to the annoyance of your parents restlessness as motion transfer is absorbed wonderfully on this mattress. The individually wrapped coils ensure they flex independently to provide personal support, while the foam layers work to localize movement.
With the launch of the Tomorrow mattress only mere months ago, it’s hard for us to assess the durability of this product at this time. Coupled with our short 30-night trial period the conclusions we can draw at this time are limited.
We can tell you the Tomorrow Sleep is backed by a major sleep powerhouse Serta Simmons Bedding, the largest manufacturer and distributor of mattresses in the United States.
If that’s not enough to convince you, perhaps their 10 year warranty, 100 night trial and free returns should minimize any doubts you may have.
We aren’t new to this mattress testing game anymore, with now number 11 under our belt we know how disappointing edge support can be when it comes to foam mattresses. Rest (and sit) assured, thanks the the unique rail system, the Tomorrow mattress works to ensure the structure is maintained throughout the entire sleeping surface..
The Sleep Scouts standout feature:
A high quality hybrid mattress that utilizes the best of foam and innerspring attributes, with personalized firmness, offering supportive & breathable comfort.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress is suited for all sleepers and all sleep positions, true in our case, we only tested the Firm option, however if it is any indication, we feel that Tomorrow Sleep has two high quality mattresses to offer a universal fit. The balance of a supportive coil system and the cooling memory foam makes for an optimal balance of breathability & support.
Bottom Line: Who Should Buy this Mattress?
Backed by industry experts, Tomorrow Sleep seems to have knocked it out of the mattress park so to speak. Providing a mattress with personalized firmness levels, adjusted to an individual’s sleep preference. Overall a quality product, with a high regard to materials used and unique technologies integrated, affording you the restorative and restful nights sleep you deserve.
The Firm option is ideal for those individuals who prefer a mattress on the right side of the sleep spectrum, who are looking for a breathable and supportive feel, while balancing conforming qualities. If you are someone who prefers a plush or softer feel, then perhaps the the ‘Soft Option’ is something you’ll want to consider. We are pretty confident that in either case, the Tomorrow Sleep mattress has a universal feel and either option should appeal to all sleep preferences.
Finally, the zero-hassel purchasing experience, a 100 night trial period, simple returns policy and 10 year warranty, really give you know reason not to try it out.
Final say: Sleep Scout approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Tomorrow mattress is covered by a 10 year limited warranty.
This applies to any of the standard defect and deterioration that do not result from improper use of handing.
The limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in your Tomorrow mattress including faults in materials or manufacturing defects. Replacement of one piece due to manufacturing defect does not automatically result in the replacement of any other piece. This limited warranty is provided only to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- Consumer firmness/comfort preference.
- Normal changes in softness or recovery time of high density foams, including memory foam, due to normal use, temperature, or humidity.
- Normal body impression(s) of 1.5″ or less.
- Consumer bed height/weight preference.
- Cover (fabric).
- Burns, cuts or tears.
- Vermin infestations.
- Mattresses displaying stains or soil that reasonably indicates the presence of potentially dangerous bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens or other substances that could cause injury.
- Mattresses used with an inadequate foundation and/or support system.
- Claims made outside the contiguous United States.
- Transportation, inspection, or removal costs of product.
Tomorrow Sleep provides a great 100 night money back guarantee. If after the trial period you are unsatisfied with the mattress, Tomorrow Sleep will refund 100% of the total cost paid (white glove delivery service excluded) and will arrange for a pick-up of the mattress at no additional charge to the customer.
To initiate a return, email [email protected]
- Twin: 41” x 20” x 20” 78.74lbs
- Twin XL: 41” x 20” x 20” 81.77lbs
- Full: 41” x 20” x 20” 97.54lbs
- Queen: 41” x 20” x 20” 109.92lbs
- King: 41” x 20” x 20” 132.07lbs
- Cal King: 42” x 20” x 20” 133.57lbs
- General information – https://www.tomorrowsleep.com
- Delivery information – https://www.tomorrowsleep.com/faq/view/index/id/115001374527/
- Warranty information – https://www.tomorrowsleep.com/faq/view/index/id/115001374547/
- FAQs information – https://www.tomorrowsleep.com/FAQ
The following sets of ratings cover our own assessment of the product and the company, and also provide a guideline for key third-party ratings for the product.
Tomorrow Sleep Mattress Review