Eve Mattress ReviewWe get a commission from the mattress manufacturer
when you make a purchase through the links or with the coupon code in this post.
For more information view our ratings and disclaimer page.
Simply Beautiful. Beautifully Simple.
That’s the slogan behind the Eve mattress out of the UK– but how true is it? And is it just beautiful, or does it also offer a great night’s sleep?
After all, beauty isn’t everything when it comes to mattresses. Most of the time we use them, it’s pitch black dark![adinserter name=”Link – Responsive – Intro Paragraph”]
Well, in addition to this thing of beauty, the manufacturers are confident that they’ve created the most comfortable mattress ever made: a unique layering system embodies the next generation memory foam that is said to offer a cool, tranquil night’s rest with optimal bounce to ensure you wake up happy.
We decided to put it to the test – the same test that we’ve put all mattresses here on Sleep Scouts through.
Below is what we discovered in our Eve mattress review…Check Out The Eve Mattress Online
Pricing & Dimensions
- Twin: Price: $449 USD, Dimensions: 39” x 75” x 10”
- Twin XL: Price: $499 USD, Dimensions: 39” x 80” x 10”
- Full: Price: $549 USD, Dimensions: 54” x 75” x 10”
- Queen: Price: $649 USD, Dimensions: 60” x 80” x 10”
- King: Price: $749 USD, Dimensions: 76” x 80” x 10”
- Cal King: Price: $749 USD, Dimensions: 72” x 84” x 10”
What we liked:
- 100-Night Risk-Free Trial – over 3 months to try the mattress out!
- Free Shipping – no hidden costs with this one
- Financing Option Available – to make it more instantly affordable
- 10-Year Warranty – meets industry standards for a quality mattress
- CertiPUR-US Certified – the quality guarantee for memory foam
- Manufactured In The USA – guarantee of high-quality workmanship
- Good Breathability – no problems with sleeping hot
- Decent Edge Support – unusual for a foam mattress
- No Sinking Feeling/Responsive Rebound – A good level of support
- Compression Testing For Durability – proving durability is a common problem for newer mattresses
- Time In The Market – longer than most of its online competitors
What we didn’t like:
- Inability To Test Before Purchase – the Eve mattress is sold strictly online
- No Flipping – designed to sit one way only (though the company recommends rotating the mattress every 30 days for the first year)
- No Side Straps – though this a common problem for mattresses sold online
- One-Size-Fits-All – no customizing for personal preferences
About the Manufacturer
Eve mattress first stepped onto the ‘sleep scene’ in 2011 with the concept of offering one quality mattress, utilizing the best materials, for a fair price.
Six years and over 75,000 mattresses later, the product has been fine-tuned to meet what they consider to be the majority of the population’s sleep needs.
The focus remains on contouring memory foam, which aids in relieving pressure points to allow you to sleep supported in whichever position you choose; but it is also on sleeping comfortably and cool.
Eve mattresses are only sold online. Rather than meeting the overhead costs involved with traditional ‘brick and mortar’ stores (which are always passed on to the consumers) they keep it simple: one product purchased online, with no commission-driven sales people or confusing options.
Plus, of course, buying direct from the manufacturer means lower prices!
Designed in the UK and manufactured in the USA, there are no showrooms available for trying the Eve mattress before you buy.
However, to alleviate any concerns you may have, and in keeping with the business model offered by many of their closest competitors, Eve offers a risk-free trial period (100 days), free delivery, no-hassle returns, and a 10-year limited warranty.
How We Put the Mattress to the Test
The basic underlying value of what you see on Sleep Scouts lies in our tried, trusted, and consistent test methods.
All mattresses are put through the same process. Two sleepers of different sizes (a 120lb female and a 215lb male) sleep on the mattress to offer different perspectives, giving our readers the broadest experiential information possible.
We also apply the same kettlebell tests to all mattresses we review. You can read more detail about the tests we conduct here.
This allows you make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing a mattress that will best suit your unique preferences.
For the results of our Eve mattress review, keep on reading…
The Basics: An Overview
First Observations: The Unboxing Experience
Okay, it’s just a box! But as far as boxes go, this one of our favourites!
Just looking at it makes us cheerful (yes, really!), thanks to the vibrant yellow hue of the logo. But it’s the details on the inside of the box that go above and beyond what we’ve come to expect.
Practically all online mattress companies under-utilize the interior of their packaging, but not Eve. They’ve filled the space with beautiful typography and thoughtful sleep quotes, all in multiple languages.
Nice touch! You’ve clearly won us over and we haven’t even got to the mattress yet!
What’s in the Box?
Inside the box you have the mattress itself and a well-designed instruction booklet that tells you how to set up your mattress.
You’re probably wondering what exactly goes into 9.5 inches of “the world’s greatest mattress” and how exactly it’s going to keep you so cool, aligned, and supported?
The Eve mattress comprises four key elements:
- Layer 1: New Generation Memory Foam (2 Inches): this layer is designed to contour to your body, relieve pressure points, and encourage ease of movement as you sleep. In addition, it isolates motion transfer and it’s open-cell system remains breathable and temperature-regulating.
- Layer 2: Active Response (1 Inch): designed to respond to your movements, it also provides a conforming comfort with dynamic support and a responsive feel.
- Layer 3: Ultra-Resilient Base Foam (6.5 Inches): this layer provides the mattress with its foundation, fortifying the layers above, while still providing the right amount of bounce.
- Plush Fabric Cover: a knitted polyester cover, soft to the touch, breathable, and extremely resilient. Its sides consist of a vibrant yellow fabric (which we have a mad crush on by the way) with excellent airflow qualities to keep things cool.
How did the key features measure up?
The manufacturers are confident that the Eve mattress is the most comfortable possible in terms of its supportive feel, body conforming qualities, breathability, and comfort for any sleep position.
Let’s take a look how those claims stack up…
The following information and images detail the results of our test using a 25lb kettlebell to measure sinkage on three different parts of the mattress:
- Centre: 3.5” Sinkage: this demonstrates average sinkage in line with what would be expected for a mattress claiming medium-firm sink.
- Top Centre: 3.5” Sinkage: again, average, as would be expected for a mattress claiming medium-firm sink.
- Corner: 3.75” Sinkage: slightly above average sinkage in the side and corner areas, in line with what would be expected for a foam mattress claiming medium-firm sink.
The Eve mattress has an overall firmness rating of 6.5.
It does have an initial soft feel, but bounces back to offer supportive comfort that is certainly in line with a mattress on the medium-firm side of the sleep spectrum.
It’s suitable for sleepers who weigh under 252lbs or couples with a combined weight of 504lbs.
Summary of Sleeping Positions
- Back sleeping: the Eve mattress is supportive enough for back sleeping, with good spinal alignment and pressure relief making for a comfortable and supportive night’s rest.
- Side sleeping: a slightly lesser ‘hug’ than what we would typically prefer, but there is decent pressure relief unless you are a lot heavier than we are.
- Stomach sleeping: the Eve is well-suited for stomach sleeping, offering a medium-firm feel that keeps the spine well supported when lying face down.
- Sitting: has the same slight sinking feeling as most other foam mattresses when sitting right on the edge. It’s not overly offensive and there’s no fear of falling off. Besides, by sitting back a little more, you mitigate this minor negative.
Memory foam mattresses are often in the firing line for sleeping hot – especially poorer quality ones.
The Eve mattress incorporates a newly developed specialty foam that utilizes a highly open-celled technology. This makes it 30 times more breathable than other foams of its kind – and, with greater airflow, comes better temperature regulation and a cool feel.
This backs up our sleeping experience. Breathability is good with this mattress, and it successfully wicked heat away.
Bear in mind that we are naturally cool (sleepers) to begin with ☺.
When it comes to sleeping with a partner or your beloved fur-mutt, the topic of motion transfer is usually not far from the mind.
However, the Eve mattress minimizes motion transfer and does a great job of isolating all movements. The foam properties in this mattress are perfect for couples, as you will experience little disturbance.
This should give you the confidence that, whether or not your partner (or dog) is a ‘tosser and turner’, you will benefit from minimal disturbance despite their restlessness.
The Eve mattress has a couple of advantages over most of its closest online competitors in the durability stakes.
Firstly, it’s been around longer than most of them. Starting up in 2011, it is still operating below the warranty on offer (10 years), but long enough for you to place some trust in reviews that talk about it being durable.
We know that quality mattresses should generally have a life expectancy of 5-10 years, but our short-term testing of the product makes it difficult to assess how the mattress will perform over the longer term.
The Eve mattress also sets itself apart from its competitors in the ‘compression testing’ performed on the mattress. This method simulates what 10 years of wear actually looks like. It helps the manufacturer guarantee quality for 3650 mornings of waking up feeling great!
Along with the use of high-quality materials, the fact that they have sold over 75, 000 mattresses, and the generous warranty offered, this should help you feel more confident that this mattress will live up to its promises of durability.
Edge support is typically where one of the drawbacks of foam mattresses comes to the fore.
Usually structurally weaker than their spring counterparts, you are typically left with an uneasy, unsupported feeling when sitting on the edge of one of these mattresses; an “oh shoot, I hope I don’t fall off” type of feeling!
This was not really an issue with the Eve mattress, there was a slightly sinking feeling when sitting directly on the edge. This is pretty easily remedied by adjusting your position back a scooch (technical term) or two.
The Sleep Scouts Standout Feature:
A high quality mattress that sleeps cool while it conforms to your body, is responsive, and offers pressure point relief.
The Eve mattress has done a great job in ensuring that, while you have all the benefits of memory foam, you won’t fall victim to the ‘sinking in quicksand’ feeling.
Instead, it offers optimal bounce/rebound so that you feel aligned and supported while it conforms to your body’s natural curves.
Suitable for all sleepers and all sleep positions, its conforming attributes combine with the added comfort of breathability and coolness as the mattress works to disperse heat away to help you get a great night’s sleep.
Bottom Line: Who Should Buy this Mattress?
It’s clear that, since its inception, the Eve mattress company has done a great job at continually fine-tuning their mattress, using superior materials and developing new foam technology.
This is all designed to provide you with the most comfortable night’s sleep possible and have you waking up ready to tackle the day ahead. And we can say it pretty much achieves that.
It is probably best for individuals looking to spend under $750 for a mattress of medium-firmness.
If breathability, body contouring, and supportive comfort are important key features that you look for in a mattress, you’ll likely be a happy shopper with the Eve mattress.
With the no-hassle purchasing process, generous returns policy, and the 100-night trial offer, the Eve mattress also comes with zero risk – even more reason to be interested in it.
However, if you prefer a plush or very firm mattress, you’ll likely want to look at another option that is customizable, so that you get the exact feel that you want from your mattress.
Final say: Quality mattress and Sleep Scout approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Eve mattress is covered by a 10-year limited warranty.
This applies to any of the standard defects and deteriorations that do not result from improper use or handing.
The conditions of the warranty are as follows:
This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship in the following components of an eve mattress during normal domestic use only:
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation or sag greater than 0.75″, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has only been used for normal domestic use and has not been handled improperly.
- Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover.
- A normal increase in the softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress. This includes sagging below the 0.75″ mark, which is a natural occurrence.
- Comfort preference.
- Abnormal use.
- Use other than normal domestic use.
- Physical abuse or damage to mattress which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains.
- Replacement of eve mattress due to defective cover (so that, for example, if you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective, then we might only replace the cover and not the whole mattress).
- Any mattress (whether manufactured by Eve or not) sold by a reseller who is not an authorised eve sleep reseller.
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
Eve provides an excellent 100-night money-back guarantee. If, after the trial period you are unsatisfied with the mattress, Eve will refund 100% of the total cost and will even arrange for a pickup of the mattress at no additional charge.
To initiate a return, you simply email: [email protected]
- Twin 41” x 16” x 16”
- Twin XL 41” x 16” x 16”
- Full 41” x 16” x 16”
- Queen 41” x 18” x 18”
- King 41” x 18” x 18”
- Cal King 41” x 18” x 18”
Coupons & Discounts
None at present.
- General information – https://www.sleepeve.com
- Shipping information – https://www.sleepeve.com/faq
- Warranty information – https://www.sleepeve.com/warranty
- FAQs information – https://www.sleepeve.com/faq
The following sets of ratings cover our own assessment of the product and the company, and also provide a guideline for key third-party ratings for the product.
Eve Mattress Review